Wednesday 19 January 2011

Crochet coat hangers




We haven't got a lot of wardrobe space so, although I would love wood and padded hangers, wire ones are a necessity, especially for all of Matt's shirts!

I'm always looking for ways to use up my scraps of fabric and half-balls of yarn. An idea that I read about years ago was crocheting yarn around wire coat hangers. I think this is a great idea as it looks nicer and improves the function (makes them grip to the clothes better).

I added a extra special touch by sewing a random button to one, and a left-over piece of ribbon to the other. I am really pleased with the effect considering how long it took.

A set of five in different colours would make a great present for someone who loves clothes, simple but effective. How do you use up half-balls of yarn?

No comments:

Post a Comment