Wednesday 12 January 2011

My first blog post


Wow! I’ve finally done it, I have a blog… now I just need write something interesting enough that someone wants to read it.
I will start off with a bit of an introduction. My name is Lydia Stonely and I live in Kent, England with Matthew (hubby), Gladys (baby girl) and my gorgeous cat (Bailey). 
Before Gladys, I studied Industrial Design at Brunel university. On graduating, I worked at Integrity (a design management consultancy) mostly on the Volkswagen account. I was involved in the corporate identity guidelines… but I found that my day job wasn’t creative enough for me. I was forever sketching out designs for clothes, homewares, and anything else I could run-up on my sewing machine, and never having the time to get them off the page. 
After Gladys arrived in March, I have taken the opportunity and become a (self-employed) seamstress, and I also make lots of things for myself, my family and the home. 
I am really enjoying my new job as a stay-at-home mum, seamstress and homemaker, it is a real challenge juggling all my responsibilities, and I hope to entertain and interest you as I tell the world about my day-to-day life.
If you want to find out more about my business my website iswww.pincushion.biz
I look forward to getting to know you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment