Wednesday 16 February 2011

Thursday evening craft

As promised here is what we made at craft night last Thursday; iris folding.

(I couldn't show you earlier as it was a Valentine's card and I wanted to keep it a surprise for Matthew)



Iris folding is very simple. It involved arranging folded strips of paper or ribbon along a pattern to create an effect which looks like the iris of your eye. You can do lots of different shapes - this one is a heart - have a look on etsy or google images. Although you are meant to by special paper for iris folding I think it would be a great way to use of those little bits of fabric, ribbon and paper and you could really get creative.

Gladys also made a Valentine's card which she gave to her Daddy. I love crafting with Gladys, she gets so exciting stamping her hand in the paint pad and then on the paper. I hope she has a passion for homemade things too.



I didn't manage to get any pictures of my jumpsuit at the weekend. It was raining and the light went before I finished (the camera is rubbish in the gloom)... I will post when I can get some decent pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment