Monday 28 February 2011

Who's for pizza?

My brother, Joe, loves his Volkswagen campervan and winter has been spent respraying Rhubarb. The first time I was going to be able to give him his birthday present was at DubFreeze where Rhubarb was on show!

Anyone who's even been to a Volkswagen show knows that they aren't like other car shows. I own a Morris 1000 (called Blue) and the Morris scene is no where near as cool as Volkswagens. At a Morris show I feel I fit in; when I go to a Volkswagen show I feel desperately uncool. One thing they really go into at the Volkswagen show is accessorising their vehicles - and this isn't the odd period atlas and old radio on the back seat - each van is done out like a complete room! The tables are laid for lunch with Volkswagen-themed melamine, vintage fabric bunting hangs down, 1950s cool boxes and wicker baskets are on the roof rack, you get the picture.

I had the idea to make some felt food for the table, initially thinking of cupcakes... but Joe's favourite food is pizza. Having a browse on the internet I found Buggabugs have a pizza pattern. I like Buggabugs patterns, they are straight forward and easy to follow, but really imaginative. I used her Pizza pattern; my pizza came out a little 'well done' so next time I would buy lighter felt for the base and the cheese (the perils of buying felt on eBay).



No comments:

Post a Comment